|Series||The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy|
|Writer|| Spencer Laudiero|
|Cartoon Network US Premiere||July 23, 2004|
|Paired with||Here Thar Be Dwarves!|
Circus of Fear
Here Thar Be Dwarves!
A teenage boy wakes up and goes down to the kitchen for something to drink. The Boogeyman, a nightmare-bringing shapeshifter, is stalking him, and he tries to scare him after he opens the fridge and gets some milk. But this isn't successful, as the boy doesn't even believe in the Boogeyman.
He arrives behind Billy's TV and he tries to scare the two kids watching. The only one afraid of him in the house is Irwin, and Grim's not at all happy to see his old classmate. He tells the kids of how Boogey used to torment all the kids and make them look like idiots, and then he shows them a flashback how Boogey humiliated Grim in front of the whole school.
Sick of the story (and to pull Grim's leg once more), Boogey kidnaps Billy and throws him into an Underworld forest of thorns. Here, he's chased by a frightening giant thorn monster.
Grim and Mandy follow him to an underworld lunch room, where Grim plots to spike the bully's milk with hot sauce.
However, this backfires when Boogey pretends to be sorry for his past mistakes and lure him into drinking the milk. But Grim refuses to accept defeat, and they almost attack each other when Mandy suggests a scare-off. Boogey chooses form as a werewolf, and Grim a rubber duck.
A little boy is taking a bath, and Boogey appears next to him, but he's mistaken for a dog and not scaring anyone. Grim appears as the rubber duck who's initially cute, but it grows and grows until it breaks the bathtub and takes on a monster-form. As Grim yells "boo", the boy screamed in fright. Boogey loses the scare-off and Grim exorcises him to the Plain of Terror, where he lands in the nostril of the thorn monster that Billy has now tamed.
- Story by: Spencer Laudiero, James Silverman, Zena Wyss
- Storyboard by: Spencer Laudiero
- Art direction: Rae McCarson
- Directed by: Juli Hasiguchi
- This is the first appearance of Boogeyman.
- When Grim's looking for milk, he says, "Not the soda, not the purple stuff..." This is a referance to the old Sunny Delight commercials, and it was also used in an episode of Evil Con Carne, where Hector Con Carne was looking for the liquid to his brain jar.
- When Grim's pouring hot sauce into Boogey's milk, he says, "I saw this in the Halloween special." This is a reference to Billy and Mandy's Jacked-Up Halloween when Mandy tried to prank Jack by pouring hot sauce into milk.
|The image gallery for Bully Boogie may be viewed here.|