|Dracula Must Die!|
|Series||The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy|
|Writer||C. H. Greenblatt|
|Cartoon Network US Premiere||September 21, 2007|
|Paired with||Short Tall Tales|
Billy & Mandy Moon the Moon
Short Tall Tales
When vampire hunter, Lionel Van Helsing prepares to kill Dracula, Billy, Mandy, and Grim arrive to stop him since Dracula is just senile and harmless. Van Helsing reveals the source of his hatred: in the past, he and Dracula were best friends, until Dracula used his irresistible dance moves to the woman of Lionel's dreams.
After Billy and Mandy express surprise at Dracula being married and wonder what happened to his wife, Irwin's paternal grandmother comes in and reveals that she's Dracula's wife. Grim, Mandy, and Billy realizes this in turn reveals that Dracula is Irwin's paternal grandfather (the father of his dad), meaning that Irwin's 1/2 mummy, 1/4 vampire and only 1/4 human (as well making Irwin's dad 1/2 vampire and 1/2 human). Mandy confirms Irwin's vampire heritage by spraying garlic on him after he tries to flirt with this new knowledge of his family.
When Dick asks his mother why she covered it up, Tanya reveals she didn't want to hurt him by telling his father abandoned them. Dracula is offended by this and explains what really caused him to leave her and their son. He reveals that after doing yard work, he turned into a bat and was attacked by Tanya who didn't realize it was him. Dracula was terrified of her after the attack and immediately ran off. After the flashback, Tanya states she didn't know he could turn into a bat and apologizes as he is disappointed by her now aged appearance.
After realizing that he's probably a lot better off than Dracula, Van Helsing struts out, but Dracula's unsatisfied with his newfound family of nerds and begs Van Helsing to put him out of his misery.
That night, Dracula eats dinner with his family and when he demands salt, Tanya tells him he has to lay off due to the doctor's orders. Dracula protests against her giving him an order but Tanya intimidates him to force him to comply as Dick is amazed by his mother forcing Dracula to do something as Irwin smiles at new development.
- Story and Storyboard by: C. H. Greenblatt
- Directed by: Juli Hashiguchi and Eddy Houchins
- More about Irwin's family is revealed.
- Irwin's grandmother's first name is revealed to be "Tanya" and she is the wife of Dracula.
- Dracula is revealed to be the father of Dick, making him Irwin's paternal grandfather.
- This heritage makes Dick half-vampire and human.
- These bloodlines along with Irwin's mummy heritage, makes Irwin more supernatural than human.
- Tanya admits that she didn't realize that vampires (or at least Dracula) can turn into bats.
- This episode reveals that not only is Irwin half mummy but half vampire as well.
- Mandy sprays garlic butter in Irwin's face to confirm that he's part vampire, since vampires hate garlic.
|The image gallery for Dracula Must Die! may be viewed here.|