|Occupation||Crane operator (The Flintstones), None (Billy and Mandy)|
|Real world information|
|Appears in||"Modern Primitives"|
|Voice actor||James Arnold Taylor|
Fred Flinstone is the main protagonist from The Flintstones.
Billy uncovers him frozen in his backyard and decides to spare him from Grim after he threatened to reap him, Billy decides to keep him as a pet and calls him Jake Steel, he later tries to teach him to be civilized in his way severely injuring him several times like peeling his skin down to the bone off his back with wax and slicing off the skin of his head with a razor after shaving him.
Billy brings him to school for show and tell and he escapes from his cage, carries off Eleanor Butterbean with him, and steals Principal Goodvibes's car. He crashes into an ice cream truck and freezes again, years later he's unfrozen along with Billy ,who had accidentally froze himself after falling into the hole to uncover him because he wanted the sherbert he was frozen in. Some aliens examine him and eat his brain and he mutters after they don't take Billy's.
- In Nigel Planter and the Chamber Pot of Secrets can see Fred like cavemen.
- In Flintstones series, Fred could speak perfectly normal, whereas in Modern Primitives just seems to say "Yabba Dabba-'. This makes understanding the caveman language different from the current language. Of course, this isn't canon to the actual show.
- His catchphrase, "Yabba-Dabba-Doo!" recurs throughout the episode.
- Fred has over 2,399,000 of age, being that figure the time that has been frozen. This makes it the oldest living human in the series.
- His name is the only word that Fred pronounced in current language throughout the episode.
- Billy decides to change his name because he can not speak American.