Harum Scarum is a two-dimensional platform game, where the player chooses to play either as Mandy or Billy by pressing the X-key. It features three levels and nine parts altogether. Each level ends with a final boss, and in the end Billy and Mandy must defeat Jack O'Lantern himself. The three levels are Downtown, Graveyard and Pumpkin Patch.
Along the way there are weapons and health crates scattered. The weapon crates grants six different weapons arbitrarily, while the health crates boost the health level. Billy and Mandy share three lives. If they cannot beat Jack O'Lantern on these three lives, they die and the game is over. The six weapons are
- Scythe: Cuts enemies off the pass
- Eggs: Slime the bad guys the all-natural way
- Dynamite: Makes sure your foes go out with a bang
- Glue: Stops your enemies in their tracks
- Toilet Paper: Send it flying and watch the crowd scatter
- Banana Peel: Use this to give baddies the slip
Glue does not kill an enemy. Banana Peel kills, but does not increase high score.
It's Halloween in Endsville, and Jack O'Lantern and his army of undead has taken over the night, wreaking havoc and destroying the city. Billy and Mandy must defeat Jack's horde of pumpkin-themed monsters in order to save Halloween.
Grim does not appear in this game.
- KEEP THE DYNAMITE. If you get the dynamite, avoid item boxes unless the other character needs a better item. Dynamite is one of the most useful items in the game as it does more damage than the other items. There are also some bosses that can be easily won by spamming the dynamite, including the final boss.
- Banana peels, while one hit kills, only affect enemies on the ground. Floating enemies are immune to the effects. Also, hitting an enemy with a banana peel does not instant kill. It only works when the non boss battle enemy steps on it.
- You are not required to run in to every power up box you see. If you have two very good power ups, then just jump over the box. However, switch to the person who has the least powerful weapon just in case you miss the jump.