|Mandy the Merciless|
|Series||The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy|
|Cartoon Network US Premiere||June 27, 2003|
|Paired with|| Creating Chaos|
The Really Odd Couple
Brown Evil Part 2
Mandy the Merciless is the first segment of the third episode of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy.
On one boring summer day, Billy, Mandy, Grim and Irwin decide to look into the future for fun. In the future, Mandy rules the earth as an immortal half-breed, half-worm demon, half-human dictator. Grim is still her best friend, and her idiotic Billy clones keep her company. Mandy's source of power is cinnamon, and lies to Billy about cinnamon's only weakness. Grim leads Billy into the team of rebellions against Mandy, and Billy tells them the fake weakness, leading them out and getting arrested by Mandy. Though it may seem impossible for her to have known that they were coming, it turns out that she knew from looking at the crystal ball in the present.
- Story by: Gord Zajac
- Storyboard by: Alex Almaguer
- Directed by: Pat Shinagawa
- The plot of Mandy the Merciless is a parody of the fourth novel in Frank Herbert's Dune series, God Emperor of Dune.
- Mandy plays the role of Leto from the book, a human who has learned the secret of immortality through the transformation into a worm figure. Mandy controls the world through hoarding the world's supply of cinnamon, which is equivalent to the novel's role of Spice. Mandy expresses a "weakness" of frogs, which is similar to Leto's weakness of water.
- Billy plays the role of Duncan Idaho, a man who keeps Leto company through the ages and is cloned when his current body expires. Like Duncan, Billy decides to help the rebels of the story.
- Grim plays the roles of both the assistant, the novel's Moneo, and a rebel, the novel's Siona.
- However, Mandy tricks the rebels, unlike Leto of the novel. Like Leto, Mandy is able to predict future happenings, such as Billy's betrayal and rebellion attack.
- The number on Billy's shirt changes frequently.
- The first number, 2187, is a reference to Star Wars. Princess Leia's cell number in "A New Hope" on the Death Star is 2187.
|The image gallery for Mandy the Merciless may be viewed here.|