|Series||The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy|
|Writer|| Matt Sullivan|
|Cartoon Network US Premiere||July 9, 2004|
|Paired with||Nursery Crimes|
Nigel Planter and the Chamber Pot of Secrets
My Peeps is the 11th episode from season 3 of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy. Billy needs laser eye surgery. Unfortunately, he doesn't want it, so Grim tries to fix Billy's eyes himself.
When Billy ruins his eyes by playing too many video games and looking directly into the sun, Mandy and Grim suggest he see an ophthalmologist. When Billy refuses wearing glasses or having laser surgery, Grim uses his own scythe to zap his eyes. Although Billy has sharp and clean eyesight, he can also see glimpses of the future, specially horrific accidents that occur to his best friends. Grim zaps Billy's eyes multiple times to restore them to normal. Billy ends up with weird-looking eyes.
- Story by: Matt Sullivan, Celia Wyss
- Storyboard by: Celia Wyss
- Art direction: Rae McCarson
- Directed by: Juli Hashiguchi
- Mandy seems shocked, maybe even worried, when Billy crosses the busy street.
- When Mandy saw Billy crossing the street while the traffic light says "Don't Walk", she has eyelashes.
- This episode is seemingly inspired by a well known Twilight Zone episode, "A Most Unusual Camera", in which a camera can develop pictures five minutes into the future, sometimes revealing the grim fate of the photo's occupants.
- When Grim fixes Billy eyes the second time, and Billy sees Grim, Mandy and everything around in fuzzy lines, it is the style of another Cartoon Network show Ed, Edd n' Eddy.
- When Billy chases Mandy and Grim with the scythe, the chase scene resembles the famous chase scenes on Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?, there is even a brief laugh track after the chase scene.
- Horrible Futures Billy saw:
- Irwin crashes himself while riding on his bike.
- Pud'n gets crushed by an elephant.
- Mandy's head is on a table like a doily (later revealed to just be her costume)
|The image gallery for My Peeps may be viewed here.|