|Residence||Center of the Earth|
|Relatives|| Sis (spouse)|
Nergal Jr. (son)
Del Uglio (nephew)
|Occupation||Owner of Nergal's Pizza|
|Real world information|
|Appears in|| Grim & Evil|
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
Underfist: Halloween Bash
|First appearance||"Fiend is Like Friend Without the "R"'|
|Voice actor|| David Warner (First two appearances)|
Martin Jarvis (other appearances)
Nergal is the main antagonist of the series. He is a black mutant monster from the Center of The Earth who has snake like tentacles growing form his back. These tentacles can electrify people and act as extra arms. Nergal can also alter his shape and form, into almost anything he desires at will; his son inherits this same capability. He wears a red and black business suit. He is named after the Babylonian fire god.
He started out and first appeared as a minor antagonist of Grim and Evil, who was a rather lonely creature who yearned for friends and was something of an adversary of Grim, Billy and Mandy, but starting from his third appearance he became more smoothly affiliated with them and even became a member of Billy's family after marrying Aunt Sis.
Only in the episode "Love Is EVOL Spelled Backwards" and the video game, Nergal actually had friends (they're also minions). They are called "Nergalings," and are his only friends.
Nergal is often seeking friendship, but is typically unsuccessful. Nergal later married Billy's Aunt Sis. After a string of unsuccessful attempts to woo Sis, it was Billy's backfired attempt to sabotage Nergal's and Sis' date that won Sis over, thus making Nergal Billy's maternal uncle by Nergal settled down into a happy marriage with Sis and they had a son, named "Nergal Jr."
He has black skin, green eyes, green tongue and green teeth. He wears a black suit.
Nergal can shapeshift into any shape and form he desires, possess the bodies of humans, electrify enemies by ensnaring them in his snake-like tentacles, and teleport in a flash of pure white light.
- Fiend is Like Friend Without the "R"
- Something Stupid This Way Comes
- Son of Nergal
- Substitute Teacher
- Love is Evol Spelled Backwards
- The Loser From The Earth's Core
- Nergal's Pizza
- Nergal's character is most likely based to at least some degree off of the Sumerian God of the same name. Nergal was the Sumerian ruler of the Underworld, and god of the dark aspects of the Sun [which could take away life, especially since Sumeria was situated in what is today the Middle East, which is a desert region].
- Nergal's minions, "Nergalings" could be a reference to Warhammer's "Nurglings." Both are dimunitive demons that resemble their masters. In the case of the Nurglings, they resemble Nurgle, the plague god.