|Series||The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy|
|Cartoon Network US Premiere||July 9, 2004|
"Mandy Bites Dog"
Nursery Crimes is a Season 3 episode of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy. Billy can't get to sleep and asks Grim and Mandy to tell him a story. Mandy's story is so basic, while Grim's story envolves you getting into the story... literally!
Billy can't get to sleep so he calls Mandy to tell her that he has just ate 18 cupcakes... no, wait.... 19! He exclaims to Mandy that he can't sleep, so Mandy and Grim have to come over to his house and tell him a story. Mandy's story was about the most famous English nursery rhyme, Humpty Dumpty. And all the king's horses and all the king's men, and all the starving villagers had eggs for breakfast, lunch and dinner again and again.
Billy's story was about a large wizard with mouldy teeth and his pet dog, Benjamin. The wizard wanted to kill the villagers but had a second thought. He turned the lake into gold that made everyone rich, and made balloon models. With the gold, the villagers were able to buy bigger houses, and had flatscreens with surround sound from the future, and the wizard was able to buy new teeth and remove his pet's vocal chords & everybody lived happily ever after.
Grim's story was about a boy called Hansel (Billy) and a girl called Gretel (Mandy). They get transported into the book and are warned to stick with the story, until Billy wanders off and meets Pinocchio, a wooden puppet who wants to become a real boy and the only way to do that, is to cook a real boy and eat his flesh. Billy tries to run, but the puppet cooks him.
Meanwhile, Mandy is wandering around, asking different traditional characters (e.g. Witch (Snow White), Wolf (Red Riding Hood), Witch/Old Woman (Hansel and Gretel) etc.) until she finds Billy getting roasted and attacks Pinocchio. They leave Pinocchio (who is now a chair) at the Witch/Old Woman's house, who immediately sits on the chair, but breaks it due her weight. Mandy is ready to go home now and Billy is finally asleep. Mandy calls for Grim, who is shocked to hear snoring for her response. Grim had fallen asleep!!
- While Mandy was going around in the book, we caught glimpses of all the beloved children's classics, like the Wolf who admits when he's granny, he's color-blind, the granny who climbs out the Wolf's mouth and yells at him that she needs to go to bathroom every few minutes, the wicked stepmother, dressed up as a witch, eats the poison apple and the seven dwarfs kill her to make sure he's dead, the old woman in the candy house, and finally Pinocchio, who wants Billy's flesh.
- Pinocchio's first appearance.
- Mandy tells a story of Humpty Dumpty.
- Billy's story was a modern day fairytale-like story.
- This is one of the episodes that are set in the night/early morning.
- The title is a reference to 'Nursery Rhymes'.