|Son of Nergal|
|Series||The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy|
|Cartoon Network US Premiere||July 25, 2003|
|Paired with|| Sister Grim|
The Grim Show
Son of Nergal is the first segment of the eighth of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy.
Nergal and Sis are insisting that their new son, Nergal Jr. joins the children of Endsville to the Winter Camp that Harold and Grim have founded. Junior is very reluctant, but is ultimately shipped off by his parents. He arrives there before anyone else, and is immediately insulted by another boy, whom he instantly kills and takes the form of.
The children arrive later in a bus, and are forced to spend the weekend in a freezing barn where the bed sheets and pillows are frozen solid. Junior is not happy with the accommodations and takes over the body of the strict, no-nonsense camp counselor, John Jack Daniels Torrence.
The next day Junior keeps taking on the forms of the other kids in order to be "popular". He covers them in snow, and goes unnoticed, until Mandy smells a rat. Billy investigates, and as he finds the others frozen bodies, is confronted by Junior. Mandy takes Junior's teddy bear, Mr. Bonkers, hostage until he lets go of Billy. In the end, Billy promises to be Junior's friend, but accidentally insults him upon seeing his true form. Mandy returns home with Nergal Jr. taking Billy's body.
- Story by: Gord Zajac
- Storyboard by: Paul McEvoy
- Directed by: Robert Alvarez
- This is the first appearance of Nergal Jr.
- The camp counselors name is based on the Whisky Jack Daniels and Jack Torrence from the book and movie, The Shining.
- When Sperg shows everyone his ice sculpture, Irwin's skin changes from brown to white.
- Strangely, after Sperg is covered in snow, most of the background characters just vanish.
|The image gallery for Son of Nergal may be viewed here.|